Apple’s good financial health is no secret anymore. US firms regularly break market capitalization records, as recently as at the start of the month when the firm crossed the symbolic milestone of $2,500 billion. As we begin the second half of the year, Apple’s financial results have fallen. And all is unanimous, thanks to the iPhone, Apple is experiencing a record third quarter of 2021 and is seeing its revenue and profits more than double.
Q3 results in detail
- iPhone revenue: $39.57 billion. An increase of +50% over the same period a year ago
- Mac Revenue: $8.24 billion. An increase of +16.4% over the same period a year ago
- iPad revenue: $7.37 billion. An increase of +12.01% over the same period a year ago
- Apple Watch and other accessories revenue: $8.78 billion. An increase of +36.12 percent over the same period a year ago
- Service revenue (iCloud, Apple Music, App Store, etc.): $17.49 billion. An increase of +32.90% over the same period a year ago
Apple executives are happy
Apple’s boss, Tim Cook, is pleased with these results, which cement Apple’s position as the tech market leader. “This quarter, our teams built on a period of unparalleled innovation by sharing powerful new products with our users, at a time when it has never been more important to use technology to connect people everywhere. We continue to pursue everything in our work that defines us – inspiring a new generation of developers to learn to code, moving closer to our 2030 environmental goal and in the urgent work of building more Committed to a common future” Announced Tim Cook over the microphone of our American colleagues.
Apple CFO Luca Maestri said: “Our record operating performance in the June quarter includes new revenue records in each of our geographies, double-digit growth in each of our product categories and a new all-time high for our installed base of active devices”,