As of February 1, IRA rollover investment advice and the definition of a fiduciary are affected by Department of Labor’s Prohibited Transaction Exemption (PTE) 2020-02. For many advisors, this means receiving compensation for an IRA rollover recommendation, with you no longer having to comply with specific requirements for documentation, inspection practices, client communications, and more to provide advice in the best interest of the client.
Join this webinar to learn what you need to know about PTE and how you can comply:
- What Constitutes Investment Advice and Fiduciary Status When Recommending IRA Rollovers and Transfers
- What else is needed to understand the two enforcement dates
- Interpretation of best interest standards and conditions for satisfying the exemption
- How to make recommendations with a fiduciary standard of care
- Options on how to document and disclose the details of each analysis
- Best practices on conducting the annual retrospective review needed to detect violations and achieve compliance
Fi360, CFP, CIMA®, CPWA®, CIMC®, RMA®, and AEP® CE credits have been applied for and are pending approval.
head of fiduciary education and training
Pension Resource Institute and Retirement Law Group
Senior Director, Product Management
David H. lenok – host