In our last episode, Josh Brown of Northend Private Wealth shares his extraordinary journey—the decision to leave Merrill in April 2021 and build an independent business with a new entry in the backed independence sector: LPL Strategic Wealth Services.
Josh’s decision begs the question: What drives an advisor’s decision to have a model versus a model? In an industry landscape filled with nearly every option under the sun and another?
To help answer that question and others, Louis Diamond welcomes Kimberly Sanders, senior vice president of advisory solutions, to LPL Strategic Wealth Services.
Kimberly shares an insider’s perspective on the development of the backed independence space – not only from her role at LPL, but also the knowledge and experience she brings from her previous work with Schwab Advisory Services – and finds that LPL Like how models meet the needs of consultants. , Including:
- The factors behind the development of independence—and how supported models have responded to the call for a changing advisory mindset.
- Value Advisors looks into backed independence — and why it often wins out over building a standalone RIA from scratch.
- A recent expansion of independent models—and how LPL’s solution compares to others in the space.
- What kind of consultants were attracted to Support Freedom—and how wirehouse teams are reacting to this new entry.
- The roadmap for developing the model—and what Kimberly sees as a real opportunity for consultants in a changing environment.
The world of options available to consultants is expanding almost daily. As Kimberly describes it, the independent space has taken another evolutionary leap and is now in the “third wave”—providing options for entrepreneurial consultants who desire more freedom and flexibility but also maximum efficiency. And models like LPL Strategic Wealth Services are answering that call and then some.
Download the transcript of this episode…
Hear more episodes of Mindy Diamond on Freedom, A Podcast for Financial Advisors Considering Change,