Most wealth planners are skeptical when it comes to speculative investments like cryptocurrencies – let alone non-fungible tokens (NFTs). Still, officials in the cryptocurrency and NFT space argue that this growing source of funding, as well as the tech-enabled medium of exchanges that make that money possible, should not be overlooked. As the enthusiasm for digital assets continues to intensify, and discussions about their future in investment portfolios become more serious, it is time to examine the trends and opportunities that will bring crypto and NFTs into the mainstream.
Join us for this topical webinar as our panelists review the basics of cryptocurrency and NFTs, including:
- How to set up a cryptocurrency account and buy NFTs
- Investment considerations and tax treatment of these assets
- Scheme implications when clients have cryptocurrency and/or NFTs as part of their assets
- How customers can incorporate cryptocurrency into their charitable donations
- Here’s what some states are doing to handle concerns regarding the custody of cryptocurrency.
James H. Kundiff
McDermott, Will and Emery
Guilfix & La Pole Associates LLP
Susan Lipp – Moderator
editor in chief
trusts and estates