So what exactly does it take to become a top financial advisor?
To many, it seems like an elusive title, confined to a select few. But in reality, elite money managers are not born that way. Certainly, they are driven by the determination to succeed with a high level of motivation. But it’s not entirely nature—a lot of success comes from “nurture.”
That is, learning from the best-ever guest in this episode, John Bowen, founder and CEO of CEG Worldwide.
Speaking with other top advisors, many credit John’s teachings as a “real gamechanger” for their businesses. And John speaks from experience: Prior to CEG, he built a wealth management business with $2 billion in AUM.
John helps mentors who are looking to get to the next level and accelerate growth—a topic that’s most popular on our show—and he talks with Mindy Diamond, including:
- John’s 26-year tenure as a financial advisor—and how that experience informs his coaching style and teachings.
- The real value of a “great coach” for a financial advisor — and how advisors can make the most of their experience.
- The specific issues the consultants are looking to solve – and how they can get back to the “simplicity” they may have experienced earlier in their careers.
- The dangerous “good enough” level at which mentors get stuck – and how to break through and build a wonderful life of importance.
- The importance of providing world-class experiences for customers – and how it affects growth.
- The transition from “chasing customers” to “choosing them” – and why it should be an important goal to achieve.
As John says, “Each advisor should create value independent of his or her firm or strategic partner.” That is, focus on doing everything you can to serve customers and grow your business. Take a yearly look at your practice, your firm and the options available to you. And learn to embrace change—because the consultants who are driving the car are the ones who have learned to be a conduit for their clients, connecting them to new and exciting opportunities.
Ultimately, it’s a conversation that dives into “really” what helps consultants accelerate growth and live their best professional lives.
Be sure to watch the video version or listen to it in audio format only—and visit this link for the special offer that John mentioned on the episode.
Download the transcript of this episode…
Hear more episodes of Mindy Diamond on Freedom, A Podcast for Financial Advisors Considering Change,