Benefits of Rolling Roster for Businesses
Rolling roasters play a vital role in ensuring that the right employees are in the right places at the right times. This is not only efficient but also improves the customer experience. The benefits do not end here. With Rolling Roasters, you can profit from:
- enhanced performance – Such a rotational shift schedule means that all employees are exposed to and experience all activities during their operating hours. This balance of experience and skills ensures that performance remains high and employees are constantly improving their various skills.
- employee satisfaction – With a rotating roster, there is more flexibility to accommodate employees’ requests. Employees can often choose the shifts they want to work based on their needs. This flexibility boosts employee morale and productivity.
- Shift Parity – All employees are exposed to all shifts with a rotating schedule. It ensures fairness in the workplace and helps in creating a positive team environment.
- low absenteeism Rolling rosters in particular reduce absenteeism because shifts are typically eight hours or more and, if missed, would be related to a significant reduction in their wages or pay.
- reduce errors Rolling rosters use longer shifts which reduce the number of employees’ turnover at the work site or location. This minimizes the possibility of miscommunication and mistakes while keeping performance high.
How does workforce management software aid in rostering to make it easier?
With rolling rostering playing such an important role in a security business, it’s essential to get it right. With so many moving parts, this is often easier said than done, or isn’t it? Previously, companies were creating these schedules manually, but today many companies have turned to technology, such as Adapt IT’s EasyRoster solution. This workforce management software enables you to quickly and efficiently schedule your guard across locations and jobs. The focus of this particular software is to improve labor efficiency, increasing productivity, and reducing labor costs. This workforce management solution facilitates rolling rostering through:
- Staff Scheduling Per Location – Scheduling (rostering) of personnel shifts can be done per location and can be done manually or automatically. This will allow you to ensure that the right employees are in the right locations and will enable you to track and receive overtime alerts, monitor non-productive time, and provide sales data that you can use to measure profit per site/location. can be determined.
- time and attendance per location – Capturing copy of actual attendance details should be done at the location and can be done manually or automatically. This will allow you to pull up reports and make the necessary adjustments to attendance to ensure that sites are covered correctly, and that wage costs are kept to a minimum.
- Reduce wage costs through reporting – This software should provide reports highlighting incorrect rostering and attendance regarding the number and grades of personnel rostered or posted on the site, estimated and actual wage costs, overtime, non-productive time, site profitability, etc. . This will enable an Operations Manager to have daily real-time control of operations and ensure that costs are kept to a minimum and personnel requirements are properly met.
By using workforce scheduling software, you can avoid scheduling errors, give employees easy access to schedules, and allow them to let you know about any problems or changes. The solution also provides employees with their schedules ahead of time to reduce absenteeism and improve operational efficiency.