When creating a social media marketing strategy, it is important to find all the best social media apps for your business presence. But with so many options, it can be easy to overlook a platform that can actually be a great converter for your brand.
That is why we have compiled a list of top 10 social media apps and sites in 2022. Learn more about how many users each site has, its key benefits, and why it might be a good fit for your brand.
Why should you use social media apps for your business?
Social media apps provide the perfect opportunity to reach your audience where they already are. About 58.4% of the world’s population are active social media users, spending an average of 2 hours 27 minutes a day accessing social media.
There are three major benefits of social media marketing that your brand doesn’t want to miss:
Knowing and understanding your audience
Social media apps give you amazing insight into your target audience. Being able to see the types of posts your audience likes and shares helps you consistently deliver better content. It also gives you information about the types of products or services that your target audience can benefit from.
Having an active presence on social media apps helps you analyze your followers and who engage with you online to accurately determine which demographics are most interested in your business. Through that analysis, you can better understand who your audience is.
Measurement analysis of your brand on social media
Social media sentiment analysis is the process of obtaining information about your customer’s perception of your product, service or brand. And this is another reason why monitoring your audience on your selected social media sites can be so valuable.
Through social listening, you can easily pay attention to what people are saying online about your brand, your products/services and your industry. This helps determine whether you need to revisit your brand’s reputation or adjust your marketing message to better serve your target audience.
Using Social Media Apps as a Customer Service Line
Social media is also a great channel for providing customer service. In fact, some brands create social media accounts specifically for customer service, as we can see from this example from Spotify:
Add customer service to your overall social media strategy so that even if you don’t create a separate support account, you still have a process for handling support requests.
10 Most Popular Social Media Apps
There are a lot of social media apps out there, and they seem to be popping up more every year, so it’s easy to overlook a platform that can actually be a huge success for your brand. Whether you want to make sure that you are on all the best social media apps or you want to branch out to new platforms, we have got a list of Top 10 Social Media Apps in 2022.
2.93 billion monthly active users
- Biggest social media platform of them all
- A Facebook business page that serves as a second website and online store
- Comprehensive advertising will help you reach your audience
Facebook is one of the longest-running social media apps, having been created in 2004 before gaining global popularity around 2004. Naturally, it has evolved over the years, offering many different features and making it easier for businesses to reach their audiences. With nearly 3 billion monthly active users, Facebook is a great platform for almost every business to have a presence.
2 billion monthly active users
- Visual content platform for sharing stylized photos, videos and more
- Instagram reels, short-form videos that are wildly popular with viewers
- Filters, stickers, audio clips and more assets to create visual content
Owned by Facebook’s parent company Meta, Instagram is a visual social media platform that revolves around photo and video content. It also includes both stories and reels, giving users multiple ways to reach their audience. As a visual platform, Instagram is perfect for brands with visual products to photograph and showcase.
229 million monetized daily active users
- Platform where lots of people get their news and discover trending topics
- Great for conversation and text-based content
- Twitter threads allow brands to engage users with more than 280 characters
Twitter was founded in 2006 and has remained much the same as its initial concept – a place for short positions. While it has increased its available character count from 140 to 280 per tweet and added features like retweets, quote tweets, threads and more, its chronological feed is what its users love. Twitter is ideal for news publications, B2B companies, tech companies, and other similar publications.
1 billion monthly active users
- Short-form, scrollable and easily digestible video content
- The easy-to-navigate search feature that Gen Z often uses
- Audio clips, captions and stickers to help create engaging videos
TikTok was the initial inspiration for the popular Instagram Reels feature, which led the charge in short-form video content. All types of brands can avail this app; You just need to be creative with your content.
433 million monthly active users
- The ideal visual search engine for online shopping and finding new products
- Shopping PINs that make online shopping even easier
- Pinterest SEO helps your pins show up in searches
Pinterest is another visual social media platform that is perfect for ecommerce platforms. However, brands can also create infographics and blog graphics to promote the content from their website and increase web traffic. Simply put together a branded graphic or two that you can reuse for every blog post you share on Pinterest.
830 million members
- Professional B2B Platform for Networking, Job Searching & Recruitment
- Platform for longer articles that you can share with your audience
- Post a poll to start a conversation with your connection
LinkedIn is great for personal branding and business-to-business marketing. Professionals create profiles with companies, making this a great way for both C-Suite team members and the brand itself to reach potential customers.
332 daily active users
- Built-in insights to check in on your overall reach
- Vanishing Stories that allows you to show behind the scenes photos and videos with your customers
- Stickers, filters and drawing tools to create engaging visual content
Snapchat was the original vanishing story app that Instagram and Facebook Stories emulated on their platforms. It has grown to include stories from major brands and publications, as well as Spotlight, which is its own version of short-form video similar to the TikTok and Instagram reels.
2 billion monthly active users
- Video sharing platform for longer video content
- Second most popular search engine with its own YouTube SEO
- Video library perfect for sharing educational and product-based content
YouTube, owned by Google, is the most popular video-hosting platform available. It’s perfect for any brand that wants to share long-form educational content with their audience. Create playlists to organize each series on your YouTube channel.
1.5 billion monthly visitors
- Forum with endless rooms called “subreddits” focused on various topics
- Have industry-specific discussions in subreddits dedicated to your niche
- Use your blog content and educational videos to add more to your forum responses
Reddit is a popular online forum with subreddits on almost any topic you can think of: finance, marketing, tech, and more. Browse through subreddits related to your industry to see if you come across any questions your company has knowledge of. Create a brand account for your responses. Brands can also sponsor topics to bring more awareness to the platform.
10. Club House
10 million weekly active users
- Host an audio chat about a topic related to your industry
- Join like-minded audio chats to give input
Clubhouse has emerged as a way for professionals to still network amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Users can start an audio room to connect and listen to others and learn about something as well as ask permission to join as a speaker and provide their insights. Clubhouse is a unique social media app and the first of its kind, but it also presents its own challenges. If there’s an audio discussion app that looks like your brand and your industry are of interest, it might be worth a look.
Find the best social media apps for your brand
Build your brand presence on the best social media apps for you. Find your target audience, create content suitable for each platform and start building a following. Learn more about how to build your social media presence.
Posts first appeared on top 10 social media apps and sites Sprout Social in 2022.