TikTok is the fastest-growing social media platform we’ve seen so far, reaching 1 billion users in September 2021, a record five years since its worldwide launch in 2016. For comparison, it took eight years to hit both Facebook and Instagram. milestone.
With a platform as wildly popular as TikTok, you want to make sure that you are building a presence for your brand so that you can reach and connect with some of those billion users.
Throughout this article, we are going to discuss what is TikTok marketing, how to create your own TikTok business account and provide six tips to improve your brand’s TikTok marketing strategy.
What is TikTok Marketing?
TikTok marketing is the process of using TikTok and TikTok content to promote your brand and its products or services. Build your online presence easily through the use of short-form video content that engages your audience and helps showcase what your business has to offer.
While social media marketing forms a cohesive strategy for all social media platforms- TikTok marketing focuses on TikTok only.
You want to make sure that your overall message on TikTok is similar to that of all other platforms on which your brand has a presence, but as a rule, TikTok content differs greatly from what you publish on other channels. Is. (Although you can also repurpose your TikTok videos for Instagram reels and YouTube shorts to reach an even greater audience.)
Our #1 Most Requested Feature Is Here
Save time with our powerful TikTok management tool. Test out our TikTok integration in a free trial today.
how to create tiktok business account
Before creating a tiktok business account, you must first know the difference between tiktok business vs creator account.
Here are some main differences:
- Business accounts get access to business tools like advertising and analytics
- Business accounts get limited access to sound clips
- Business accounts get the ability to create an e-commerce storefront
- Business accounts can use third-party tools to schedule and manage TikTok content
- Business accounts can add a website link to their profile
TikTok business accounts don’t have access to the full sound library, but the additional tools are much more than that. Follow these quick steps to create your TikTok business account:
step 1. Download Tiktok App and Create a New Account
step 2. Go to your TikTok profile and tap on the hamburger menu in the top right corner
step 3. tap Settings and Privacy
step 4. tap manage account,
Step 5. tap switch to business account
Step 6. Choose the category that best matches your business type
And voila! You now have a business profile and can start customizing your account to attract your target audience.
6 Tips to Build Your TikTok Marketing Strategy
Ready to learn more about how to build a TikTok marketing strategy and build a huge number of followers on the platform? While you won’t be “TikTok famous” overnight, these six tips will help get you on the best path to success.
1. Create and Brand Your TikTok Account
We have explained how to create your Tiktok business account. The next step is to fully customize and brand it so that it is recognizable with the rest of your social media profiles.
To brand your TikTok account, tap edit ProfileThen fill in the following:
- Profile photo or video: TikTok lets you add a video for your profile avatar. Make sure it’s a high-resolution version of your logo if you choose to add a profile photo. If you want to make a video, consider making an animated version of your logo.
- Name: Your business name.
- User name: It should also be your business name (if possible) with no spaces.
- Pronoun: If you are a sole proprietor you will want to input your pronouns.
- Bio: You have 80 characters to give a quick summary of what your business does.
- E-mail: Input your company’s contact email.
- non profitable: If your business works with or supports a nonprofit, you can tag them directly in your profile.
- grade: You may have already done this when you created your business account, but if not, select the category that best represents your industry.
- Social: Connect your Instagram and/or YouTube accounts.
The other option is setting up an auto-message when users DM you. You can do this by tapping on the hamburger menu, then business suitThen auto message, Once you hit your first 1,000 followers, you will be able to add your website URL to your profile.
Here is an example of a fully crafted business profile of Starbucks. They even have three videos pinned at the top of their profile to showcase new products or popular videos.
2. Define Your TikTok Audience
To be successful on TikTok, you need to know who you want to target with your content. Otherwise, you can get great reach and engagement, but it won’t translate into sales or subscriptions—which is fun but nothing to your business’s bottom line.
TikTok is leaning towards a much younger audience, with a quarter of all their user base being between the ages of 10-19. However, we can see that there are still a large number of 20-49 year olds on the platform, whose usage is decreasing by the age of 50.
So while TikTok is definitely for the younger audience, you still need to go a little deeper than that. Think about the demographics you want to target. Conduct some of your own social media market research, then consider putting together a customer persona that reflects who your business’s target audience is.
3. Create Quality TikTok Videos
Your next step is to learn how to make a good TikTok video. First, start by doing extensive research. Unless you’re already a TikTok fan, spend some time getting to know the platform and looking at the types of videos that pop up on your “For You” page.
You might also want to check out the TikTok Discover page to see what’s trending and discover some of the more popular TikTokers.
Here, you will be able to see trending hashtags, sound bites, accounts, and more. This is a great way to get a bird’s eye view of what’s popular at the moment, helping you find inspiration for your own TikTok content. Then, take a look at other brands that are killing it on TikTok to see what they’re doing well and how you can emulate some of those tips for your videos.
When it comes to TikTok, you have to test different types of videos to find out what is going to resonate with your audience. Diversity in your profile is important. Try filming your team building the product. Showcase your product in action. Create funny videos using the popular Sound Bytes. Here are some additional video ideas to help you get started.
And make sure you post consistently. If you want to make a splash, you need to regularly pump out new material. Start by publishing at least twice a week, more often if you can. (In fact, TikTok itself recommends posting 1-4 times per day.)
4. Use Ads in Your TikTok Marketing Strategy
If you want to reach a wider audience, allocate some of your social media advertising budget to TikTok ads. Their cost is based on bids, just like what you pay for Facebook and Instagram ads. You’ll choose your target audience, create a funny video ad, and then promote it based on your specified daily or lifetime budget.
5. Tap into Tik Tok Influencer Marketing
Another popular TikTok marketing strategy is to work with influencers. There are thousands of influencers and content creators who partner with brands on TikTok to create fun, engaging video content that both promotes about new brands and uses user-generated content to share on their own social media channels. Along with these brands also provide.
Some TikTok influencer marketing strategies include:
- Sending your product to influencers. Brands with a low budget but lots of products can reach out to influencers and ask if they can send them free products. While this doesn’t guarantee a feature on their channel, if you consistently reach enough influencers, you can get the spotlight in unboxing or merchant videos.
- Collaborate on Video. Collaborate on a video or series of videos that specifically highlights your brand. These are more expensive, but you can always partner with micro-influencers with less reach unless you have an influencer marketing budget.
- Partner on a new product line. Partner with a big influencer or celebrity to create a product line together that they can cut and promote for their audience. This is a big win, but you’ll want to make sure that you’re only working with influencers who are highly-relevant to your niche. For example, beauty brands would only want to partner with a highly renowned makeup artist on a project like this.
6. Monitor TikTok Analytics to Track Performance
The last tip is to pay attention to your TikTok analytics. You can only access it when you switch to a business account, and it can be a big help in pinpointing your most popular videos and when each day is the best time to post.
Some of the best metrics to track include:
- video views
- growth rate
- trending videos
- average viewing time
You can also connect your TikTok business account to your Sprout social dashboard to access analytics inside Sprout when you measure your other social media platforms.
Get started with TikTok Marketing today
Build your TikTok presence using these six tips. Start by creating your own TikTok business account, then create your own fun, engaging short-form video content. Learn more about creating your own successful TikTok marketing campaign so you can grow your audience and build your business.
The post TikTok Marketing: The Complete Guide for Brands in 2022 appeared first on Sprout Social.